Followers

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Maxi Dresses aren't all Mumus!

I was provided a sample in exchange for this review.  This review represents my opinion and my first impressions.

This dress can be found here on Amazon.

I must admit, I was a little late to the party when it came to Maxi dresses.  I was afraid that they would be unflattering and hard to move around in.  I have four young kids to chase around, and I have to be able to move freely.  I also want to be comfortable, but look cute.

I tried this Zoozie LA Maxi dress and was surprised by how flattering it is.  It is made from a soft jersey fabric that conforms to your curves without being too tight or clingy.  It is not large and shapeless like I fear it would be.  In fact, it is rather cute!

I love the crochet detailing on the back of this dress. It gives it that extra little bit of detailing that takes it from something ordinary to something special.  This dress can be worn all summer long with sandals or flip flops.  I love to wear dresses to the beach.  They are very easy to wear, because there is no matching.  They are also very cool, which is important when it gets really hot out.  This dress, like most, can be dressed up with heals and nice jewelry.  It is perfect for date night or a special night out.


I must admit that ordering clothes on line can be rather tricky.  It is hard to know what size to order.  I have also lost a little weight recently.  I wear a round a size 6.  I ordered this in a medium, and I think a small would have fit me better in the bust.  I think of all of your measurements, your bust is one of the most important in determining the fit of this dress.  This dress not only has some stretch, but it also flares out a bit at the hips.  This is rather flattering, but it does mean that your bust is probably what is going to decide what size you need.  (Unless of course, your hips are MUCH larger than the rest of you).

Overall, I would say this is a nicely made dress. It has straight seams and no hanging threads.  It is a great neutral black that should go with tons of outfits. I can't wait to wear it this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment