Followers

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Women's Retro 50s Floral Monroe Bikini High Waisted Ruched Tankini Swimsuit

I received a sample to review.  This review reflects my personal opinion and first impressions of this product.

I, like a lot of women, assumed that I couldn't wear a bikini.  After all, I have had four kids, and I have my fair share of problem spots.  However, after seeing plenty of brave bloggers try it out, I decided to give it whirl myself.  And much to my surprise, a high waisted bikini looks much better than I thought.  The top draws the eye up.  The bottom comes up high enough to hide any figure flaws.  And the bottom hits lower on the hip, so it is not too revealing at all. Add in the fun, vintage look and this bathing suit is perfect. 

This bathing suit can be found here on Amazon

The bottom of this bathing suit features a black background with white polka dots.  It comes up very high, past the natural waist.  It has ruching on the side.  This is not only very flattering, it also means that if you push the top of the bottom down, so that it fits better, it does not look funny.  The gathered fabric just looks like part of the ruching.
Up close view

Top and bottom. 

The top features a tie halter neck.  It also has pleats on the front of the top.  There is a tie in the front, and a tie in the back.  This makes it easier to adjust it to just the right fit.  The straps are wide, so they won't dig it.  The top has a foam lining, which is very flattering.  This top is nicely sewn with even straight seams.  It is made from a nylon Spandex blend.  Like all bathing suits, it should be hand washed and laid flat to dry. 

I ordered this in a medium, which is what I normally wear.  It fits me well. It is sewn with flatlock seams, which are very durable.  The seams are straight and even with no hanging threads. It seems to be of decent quality, but I have only tried it on. 
Bathing suit bottom.  You can see it is much higher than most.

Back view.

No comments:

Post a Comment